Monday, February 20, 2012

moms second road trip (2/18/12-2/21/12) part two.

Mom called yesterday with the news that she isn't coming back until tomorrow. I guess the ferry she took into New York doesn't run today (Monday 20th) because its presidents day. Oh well. I decided to surprise mom. She has been gone and i have been cleaning the downstairs part of our house like crazy. Dad said to me today, "when you going to be done cleaning?" I'm just happy he noticed. :) I had help from a good friend, she payed for the mop and helped clean the kitchen. We were walking thought walmart and I decided I wanted to buy a mop. After that, I ended up spending $50 on cleaning supplies. At about 6 o'clock today (pm) I finished cleaning the downstairs. OOOOOOPPS I forgot about the bathroom. OK once that is cleaned im done.

Dad had been a pain most of the time yesterday and the day before that, but has been nice today. He drove me to work twice. (once for the beginning of the day and once for my return from break) He made my favorite meal for lunch yesterday. I think that was his way of saying sorry. I wish I had ways of saying sorry to him without spitting out the five letter word. He was looking for wood for his wood stove yesterday, i searched craigslist until i found him an add i thought he would like. He told me to email the guy. I did and the guy called about 2 hours later. :) hope that counts as my sorry. But, i really wish i could just apologize when i really need to.

The thing that makes me sad about my house is that there was so much dirt stuck onto the floor, that there is now spots of dark. these spots of dirt wouldn't come off. Those spots need more attention that i felt like giving them so i left the spots but cleaned up most of the mess on all the floors. I almost feel like the floor looked better covered in brown dirt so the spots didn't show. I would start the dishes but i don't know how, and i would suck it up and do laundry but our washer broke so that's not happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment